Friday 14 August 2015

Compact Pennybridge Setup



I had been trying to find a filofax that I could use as a purse for a while but just couldn't decide between the Pennybridge or buying some card holders and converting a pocket planner.
The choice was kind of made for me after I managed to win a compact Pennybridge for £10.13 from eBay!
From the photos it looked like it was in good condition but when it arrived it looked new!
I was so happy with it. It also came with a wedge of notepaper which was handy as the purse doubles up as my list book!


With the rings being smaller than personal sized rings it means I can't do my usual and stuff it full, especially as I carry it around with me I don't want it to be super heavy!
It is quite big for a purse, bigger than my usual purses but not that much different to what I am used to so it hasn't been too difficult to get used to.

So basically, I use my Pennybridge as a purse and keep my shopping lists and wish lists in it. Occasionally I will jot down notes to transfer into my everyday planner if it wasn't to hand at the time.

The only real issue I had with it was that it wouldn't lie flat or even stay open, it would just close unless I was holding onto both sides. I had seen on YouTube some ladies who had bent their Kate Spade zipped planners back and trained them to lie flat so I thought I would have a go. The thought actually terrified me! I thought I would ruin it but it has had no ill effects and you can't tell at all. I took all of the inserts out first and spent a few hours gently bending it and keeping the sides weighed down. I can now write in it without it closing on me so mission successful!


I keep all of my cards in the left, along with some cash and sticky notes but I have a separate purse I use for coins as it gets a little bulky.
The front dash is a photo of my little queen, Poppy, who we sadly lost last year. I thought the Project Life card fitted the photo perfectly though!
The owl pen is a black biro from Paperchase.


On the back of my dashboard I have a few sticky notes and some 'to do' sticky notes. Then 2 cards (usually my planners are full of these things but I'm trying to keep it to a minimum!), a card holder insert which I keep stamps in, some stickers and the card with my rabbits vets number on.


And finally the notepaper! I just decorate the tops of the pages to break it up a little bit. The to do list page is what I use as my 'book wishlist'!

For me and how I use the Pennybridge it is a great purse but I could also quite happily use it as my main planner and would recommend it to anyone looking to try out a zipped planner,
Now I know this set up works for me the next on my list is a zipped malden..!

All views are my own.



No comments:

Post a Comment