Thursday 29 October 2020

The Priory of the Orange Tree

 

The Priory of the Orange Tree
Samantha Shannon

Non spoiler review, not even a review really.. just a bit of a gush!

This was my first big adult fantasy book and I loved it. I found the world building fantastic and so atmospheric. The way the chapters followed the different characters broke the story up in a way that kept me hooked (although when one landed on a bit of a cliff hanger it made me want to keep reading, which wasn’t always great at 1am!).
It was the halfway mark that things really got going for me and I was completely obsessed, I just needed to keep reading!
I did take my time reading Priory but I’m glad I did, I didn’t want to slump myself and reading 50 pages or so a day really helped. Saying that, the last 200 pages or so I just binge read! As a standalone I loved it, I definitely could have had more from the book but I’m like that with every standalone I read. I cannot wait for the new book that is being written within this world!


I also used this beautiful bookmark from JessicaJadeDesigns on Etsy.
(Not affiliated in any way, just sharing something I love!)



No comments:

Post a Comment